What is a water pump and how does a water pump work?
Because engine temperatures in your vehicle can reach up to 195-220 degrees on average, and even higher in the summer, it is important that your vehicle is kept cool on the inside. To achieve this, all vehicles, including those from Acura, Audi, BMW, and Buick, circulate coolant through the engine. Coolant is a mixture of water and antifreeze and is part of your vehicle's cooling system. The water pump makes sure the coolant keeps moving through the radiator, engine block, and hoses to maintain a proper operating temperature. Your vehicle's water pump is driven by the timing belt and takes coolant from the radiator and moves it through the motor back to the radiator, where the cycle begins again. If you have a bad water pump and do not tend to it, it could lead to engine failure or a coolant leak. If you live in Sonoma County, California, Sebastopol, California, Santa Rosa, California, Napa County, California, or Healdsburg, California, you can bring your vehicle to Transco Transmission & Auto Repair in Sonoma.
How do I know that there is something wrong with my water pump?
Your vehicle's water pump contains several parts, such as cylinder heads, gaskets and seals that can crack or break over time. We at Transco Transmission & Auto Repair can make sure these parts are replaced properly and efficiently. In more extreme cases, we can also discuss water pump replacement with you or send a tow truck if you run into an emergency on the road. Here are some signs that indicate that your water pump needs to be repaired or replaced:
- Your coolant leaks: If your coolant is leaking, you will see green puddles underneath your car. This is a sign that something is wrong with your vehicle's cooling system. You can place a piece of cardboard underneath the leak to prevent it from staining your driveway or garage.
- Your temperature gauge reads high: If your water temperature gauge displays high temperature readings, this means that your vehicle's water pump is not circulating enough coolant through the engine block. If this occurs as you are driving, it is crucial to bring your vehicle to Transco Transmission & Auto Repair in Santa Rosa, CA, 95404 immediately.
- You hear strange sounds coming from the engine: If you hear a high pitched, whining sound or a low pitched grinding sound coming from your vehicle's engine, it is probably coming from a wobbling pulley that in turn is effecting your vehicle's fan belt. As you accelerate, the sound may become louder. Strange sounds from your vehicle are never good, so if this occurs be sure to bring your vehicle to Transco Transmission & Auto Repair. In addition to water pump repair, we also specialize in Transmission Repair and General Repair.
- Water leaks from the engine: If you notice water coming out of the front of your vehicle's engine, this means that the water pump is beginning to fail. Some water pumps have a built in outlet called a weep hole where water drips when there is an issue with the water pump.
- You notice corrosion on your water pump: If you notice mineral build up, rust, or contamination on your water pump, this means you are using the wrong type of coolant which makes cooling your vehicle's engine more difficult. You can give Transco Transmission & Auto Repair a call at 707-544-6722 and we can tell you which type of coolant is compatible with your vehicle.
- You see steam escaping from your engine: If you see steam, your engine is overheating. Immediately pull over, open the hood of your car, and call a tow truck if this problem occurs while driving.
Your Reliable Shop for Water Pump Repair
There may be a time where you need a water pump repair on your vehicle. Getting the best service for water pump repair is important to ensure that your vehicle will be cared for and fixed back to its optimal level. We at Transco Transmission & Auto Repair and our Expert technicians have been fixing cars since 1966 are well-versed in all things water pump and auto repair. All of our equipment is up to date and regularly maintained to perform well on your vehicle. We work hard to bring back your vehicle to you and on the roads again because we understand how important your vehicle is to your day-to-day life. Reasons You Should Do Business With Us:
We have a review score of 100 based on reviews from 137 satisfied customers.
To schedule an appointment with Transco Transmission & Auto Repair in Santa Rosa, give us a call at 707-544-6722 to schedule an appointment. Transco Transmissions and Auto Repair specializes in Transmissions and Auto Repair.